ADAA’s 2022 Annual Conference promises vibrant programming, impactful connections with peers, and access to sponsors.
The submission portal is now open.
Poster sessions are lively, engaging sessions promoting the exchange of new research findings or innovative clinical treatment approaches in a visual format. ADAA's poster session provide an opportunity to interact one-on-one with researchers and clinicians, to ask questions, discuss findings, and share information.
If accepted, all poster presenters must attend the Annual Conference in person March 17-20, 2022 in Denver, CO for their poster to be displayed. All poster presenters must register for the conference by January 26, 2022.
Preparing an Effective Poster
An effective poster is self‐contained and self‐explanatory, balancing graphics and text. It is not a page‐by‐page display of a journal paper. Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, do not include the entire abstract, emphasize graphics, and make sure every item in your poster is necessary. Proofread the copy before sharing.
- 2022 Poster Template
- How to Create a Better Research Poster - PowerPoint document
- Identify the title and author(s) of your poster within a heading across the top.
- Use a block-style font on a white background. Keep charts, drawings, and illustrations as simple as possible. Captions and labels should be brief and concise.
- Indicate by numbers, letters, or arrows if a preferred sequence should be followed in studying your poster.
- The poster should be self-explanatory so that you are free to supplement information and discuss particular points raised by inquiry during the poster session.
- Your poster will also be identifiable by its poster number and subject matter which will be searchable through the conference online program.
- When choosing a background, remember that neutral or gray colors will be easier on the eyes than a bright color. Also, color photos and color graphs look best when displayed on grey.
We’re delighted to let you know that we have partnered again this year with Wiley – the publishers of ADAA’s on-line Depression and Anxiety Journal – to feature all accepted 2022 ADAA research posters on the Journal’s website as a PDF. This is a wonderful additional opportunity for you to share your research. The 2022 ADAA poster abstracts will be posted on this site by the end of March 2022.
Please contact ADAA at [email protected] if you have questions about poster submissions.
Poster sessions at ADAA are a great way to present your research or innovative clinical treatment methods, learn about the cutting edge research that others are doing, and to network with other researchers, clinicians, other mental health professionals, and students. - Amy Przeworski, PhD, 2022 Poster Subcommittee Co-Chair