COVID-19 Protocols and Expectations Related to the 2022 Annual Conference
The success of the conference depends on everyone taking responsibility for following the guidelines at all times. Make sure you read this carefully and understand how it applies to you – including screening, testing, hygiene, mask wearing and physical distancing measures.
We want to thank you sincerely for your resilience and solidarity. Together we will create a safe and vibrant conference experience.
ADAA is committed to following all current CDC guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as state, local, and corporate (hotel) requirements to be mindful of the safety of attendees, partners, guests, and staff.
Any public space where other people are present may hold an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. By attending this event, I agree to voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure and agree to not hold ADAA or any of their affiliates including partners, sponsors, employees, volunteers, or sponsored venues liable for illness.
- ADAA requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination must have been completed by March 2, 2022) prior to the conference dates from each conference participant (speaker, attendee, sponsor, staff, guest, etc.) to attend any conference activities.
- Medical exemptions may be accepted with a negative COVID-19 test performed by a professional testing facility (home test results will not be accepted) administered no more than 72 hours prior to the conference dates.
- Attendees agree to provide required documentation to attend. Attendees understand if appropriate documentation is not provided, they will not be permitted entry into the conference and no refund will be issued. ADAA will provide additional information on the process for providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination in the next few weeks.
- This policy applies to guests attending any conference activity. Guests must be registered in advance and check in at the conference registration desk. To register a guest, contact ADAA directly.
- If attendees arrive at the conference without having submitted appropriate documentation, they may submit onsite but will not be permitted into conference space until the information has been verified. Verification can take several hours.
- All conference participants are required to wear a mask while in the conference space unless actively eating, drinking, or presenting at a session. Poster presenters are required to wear a mask at all times. ADAA recommends N95 masks. Please ensure you bring enough masks for the entire conference.
- Attendees who choose not to comply with these COVID-19 precautions or conference staff reminders of COVID-19 precautions will be asked to leave the conference space and will not be provided a refund.
- Badges must be worn at all times by all attendees (including sponsors, partners, and guests) in the conference space. This includes social functions.
- ADAA discourages onsite registration. If an attendee must register onsite, they will be required to follow the same COVID-19 documentation submissions protocols and wait for verification to be processed before entering the conference space. Verification can take several hours.
- ADAA will provide a list of nearby COVID-19 testing facilities but attendees are encouraged to bring home test kits in case they develop COVID-19 symptoms during the event. ADAA will not provide onsite testing.
Attendees agree to take necessary precautions and following required guidelines while at the event including, but not limited to, engaging in appropriate social distance, wearing a mask in public areas when not consuming food or beverage, minimizing face touching, frequently washing hands, and avoiding risk environments such as overcrowded restaurants. Attendees agree not to attend any ADAA event if they feel ill or had an exposure to a COVID-19 case within 14 days of the conference.
All guests of the attendees, who participate in any aspects of the ADAA conference, must follow the same ADAA COVID policies.
Attendees acknowledge that due to the impact of COVID-19 that room capacities my be reduced due to social distancing and all sessions and events, unless pre-registered, are on a first-come, first-served basis. To maintain required space, attendees will not move chairs or adjust seating arrangements within conference spaces. Although the session rooms at the venue are good sizes for the purpose of educational sessions, they were not designed with physical distancing in mind. ADAA will make every effort to ensure enough space for attendees to distance themselves, but it will not be possible for all events.
Please note there will be events throughout the conference (meals and receptions) where attendees will be unmasked while eating/drinking. Attendees should assess their own comfort level when deciding to attend such events.
If an attendee or guest falls ill or shows any symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19, they will quarantine to their hotel room and notify ADAA immediately for further instruction.
- Please review this downloadable PDF document for further details and FAQs on ADAA's COVID-19 protocols and expectations.
- Review ADAA's COVID-19 protocols and expectations blog post.
ADAA appreciates all attendees and partners for the adherence to these policies and their efforts to eliminate COVID-19 exposure. The health and safety of attendees, presenters, staff, the hospitality and local community is a priority for