The Integrative and Wellness Medicine SIG was launched in January 2018.
The Integrative and Wellness Medicine SIG promotes collaboration, education/mentoring, research, and networking among ADAA members who have a specific interest in alternative and complementary medicine.
The SIG is planning to further define its mission and areas of evidence-based treatment at the upcoming conference in April 2018.
This SIG's scope will be to:
- Explore research
- Encourage and promote continued research
- Explore the clinical applications for complementary and alternative therapies such as yoga, massage, acupuncture and similar interventions.
- Develop workshops, webinars and blog posts relating to these interventions. Offer commentary on the empirical evidence and areas for further study related to various complementary and alternative therapies in medicine
- Provide a networking community for members of ADAA who have an interest in complementary and alternative medicine
- Promote discussion among ADAA members about the empirical evidence, further study and clinical application of these interventions.
- Joan Kaylor, MSEd, LPC, DCEP - Co-Chair
- Kimberly Morrow, LCSW - Co-Chair
Sheila Rauch, PhD, ABPP
If you’re interested in joining this SIG, please login to your member account and choose Groups under My Membership on the right hand navigation. Have a question about the member platform? Please contact Lisa Patterson, ADAA Membership Director.
Please view the ADAA SIG Guidelines for responsibilities and expectations.