The Complementary and Integrative Health SIG was launched in January 2018.
The Complementary and Integrative Health SIG promotes collaboration, education/mentoring, research, and networking among ADAA members who have a specific interest in alternative and complementary medicine.
This SIG's scope will be to:
- Explore research
- Encourage and promote continued research
- Explore the clinical applications for complementary and alternative therapies such as yoga, massage, acupuncture and similar interventions.
- Develop workshops, webinars and blog posts relating to these interventions. Offer commentary on the empirical evidence and areas for further study related to various complementary and alternative therapies in medicine
- Provide a networking community for members of ADAA who have an interest in complementary and alternative medicine
- Promote discussion among ADAA members about the empirical evidence, further study and clinical application of these interventions.
- Joan Kaylor, MSEd, LPC, DCEP - Co-Chair
- Kimberly Morrow, LCSW - Co-Chair
Sheila Rauch, PhD, ABPP, Emory University School of Medicine
If you’re interested in joining this SIG, please login to your member account and choose Groups under My Membership on the right hand navigation. Have a question about the member platform? Please contact Lisa Patterson, ADAA Membership Director.
Please view the ADAA SIG Guidelines for responsibilities and expectations.