Opening Session and Keynote Address
Potential Drugs of Abuse as Antidepressants and Anxiolytics: Pluses and Minuses
Thursday, March 28, 2018 - 5:45 - 7:00 pm
ADAA Welcome Reception and Exhibits Grand Opening
Supported by the Sheraton Grand Chicago
Thursday, March 28, 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Room: Chicago Ballroom 6
All registrants are invited to enjoy light fare and a cash bar during the first networking event of the ADAA 39th Annual Conference (following the Opening Session and Keynote Address).
Breakfast for First Time Attendees
Supported by Barn Life Recovery
First time attending the ADAA Conference? Come join us for a special breakfast to welcome you. Long time ADAA members are welcome to come and engage first timers and show them what our community is all about!
Failure to Launch? Promises and Pitfalls of Genetic/Neuroimaging Predictors in Mental Health
Presented by the Genetics and Neuroscience Special Interest Group
Friday, March 29, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Room: Lakeview, Level 3
ADAA’s Genetic and Neuroscience SIG presents Failure to Launch? Promises and Pitfalls of Genetic/Neuroimaging Predictors in Mental Health featuring Roy Perlis, MD and Isaac Galatzer-Levy, PhD. Both speakers will give a 15-minute talk about the promises and pitfalls of genetic and neuroimaging predicators in mental health. An interactive discussion will follow.
Piloting a Self-distancing Augmentation to Exposure Therapy
Saturday March 30th, 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Room: Arkansas, Level 2
Emily Bilek, PhD, winner of the Child and Adolescent SIG Student/Early Career Award will present her work on “Piloting a Self-distancing Augmentation to Exposure Therapy” at the Child and Adolescent SIG meeting.
Special Interest Group Lunches - Meeting Times and Location
Friday, March 29th SIG Meetings
- Genetics and Neuroscience - Friday, March 29 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Lakeview, Level 3)
- Women's Mental Health - Friday, March 29 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Huron, Level 2)
Saturday, March 30th SIG Meetings
- Complementary and Integrative Health - Saturday, March 30 | 7:00 - 8:00 am (Arkansas, Level 2)
- Child and Adolescent - Friday, March 29 | 12:00 - 1:00pm (Superior B, Level 2)
- Early Career Professionals and Students - Saturday, March 30 | 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm (Chicago Ballroom 8, Level 4)
- Multicultural Advances - Saturday, March 30 | 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm (Old Town, Level 3)
- OCD and Related Disorders - Saturday, March 30 | 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm (Fountainview Room, Level 3)
- PTSD - Saturday, March 30 | 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm (Huron, Level 2)
- Social Anxiety - Saturday, March 30 | 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm (Superior B, Level Level 2)
Please note: Times and locations are subject to change.
Friday, March 29 - Time: 7:30 pm
We are excited to announce that we will be bringing back Dine-Arounds for #ADAA2019! Dine-Arounds are a fun way to meet network with other conference attendees over dinner.
If you are an active ADAA member and would like to host a Dine-Around, sign up here. Registration to participate coming soon.
Off-Site Event: Therapy Players
Friday, March 29, Time: 8:00 pm
The Skokie Theatre, 7924 Lincoln Avenue in Skokie, IL
Chicago’s Premier All-Psychotherapist Comedy Improv Troupe!
Featuring ADAA member Dave Carbonell.
Special Invite to Attendees At the ADAA Conference:
Tickets and info at: www.therapyplayers.com use code “ADAA” for discounted tickets.
If you haven’t seen Therapy Players, you haven’t seen Chicago!
View the full Therapy Players flyer here.