Editor-in-Chief: Murray B. Stein MD, MPH
Meet the Journal Editorial Board
ADAA is pleased to announce that the 2017 Impact Factor for the Depression and Anxiety journal has increased to 5.043. Per the ISI Journal Citation Reports Rankings for 2017, the Depression and Anxiety impact factor is 5.043. The journal ranks 19 of 142 in psychiatry journals; 8 of 77 in psychology journals; 5 of 121 for psychology clinical journals, and 15 of 139 for psychiatry social science journals. Google Scholar psychiatry journal ranking (spring 2017) ranked Depression and Anxiety #19 of 20.
"Our journal's increased impact factor reflects our commitment to publish the best clinical and translational science we can attract. As the scope and quality of research into the etiology and treatment of depression and anxiety continues to increase, we expect Depression and Anxiety to reflect those advances." - Murray B. Stein, MD, MPH, Editor-in-Chief
"The continually competitive impact factor continues to reflect the journal's commitment to publishing scientifically solid papers that are most relevant to clinical practitioners, also reflecting a similar focus of the parent organization which seeks to inform and update clinical practice with the latest scientific developments." Peter Roy-Byrne, MD, Immediate Past Editor-in-Chief
About the Journal
Depression and Anxiety, the official online journal of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, welcomes original research and synthetic review articles covering neurobiology (genetics and neuroimaging), epidemiology, experimental psychopathology, and treatment (psychotherapeutic and pharmacologic) aspects of mood and anxiety disorders, and related phenomena in humans.
A priority is placed on papers focusing on treatment, as well as those providing cutting-edge reviews of key areas and issues, in order to enhance the clinical evaluation and care of individuals struggling with the effects of these disorders. All submissions are peer-reviewed; there is no handling or publishing fee.
- You must be a current member to log in. Download member log-in instructions here.
- If you have questions about your login, please contact ADAA Membership.
Interested in submitting an article? View the Depression and Anxiety Submissions Guidelines.
October 2018 Issue - Volume 35, Issue 10
Focus On: It's All About Treatment
- Mira B. Cladder-Micus - Mindfulness‐based Cognitive Therapy for Patients with Chronic, Treatment‐resistant Depression: A Pragmatic Randomized Controlled Trial
- Leila Maria Soravia - Glucocorticoid Administration Restores Salience Network Activity in Patients with Spider Phobia
- Bangshan Liu, MM - Efficacy of Probiotics on Anxiety - A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- Roy H. Perlis MD, MSc - Pharmacogenetic Testing among Patients with Mood and Anxiety Disorders is Associated with Decreased Utilization and Cost: A Propensity-score Matched Study
Depression and Anxiety Journal in the News
- 1 in 5 College Students So Stressed They Consider Suicide
- Maternal Depression May Alter Stress and Immune Markers in Children
- Center for Research on MTH News Highlights
- Antidepressants Less Effective in Mild Anxiety, Panic Disorder
- Antidepressants Equally Effective Across Severity Levels of Social Anxiety, OCD, PTSD
- A Common Medication Given to New Moms Has Been Linked to Postpartum Depression
- Changing of the Guard at Depression and Anxiety. Commentary by Peter P. Roy-Byrne, MD and Murray B. Stein, MD, MPH
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- New Research Suggests Genetic Testing May Help Improve Costs Associated With Mental Health Treatment
Please note: Three open-access journals, the Journal of Depression & Anxiety (OMICS); Anxiety and Depression Research (Herbert Publications); and Annals of Depression and Anxiety (Austin Publishing) are not affiliated with ADAA. These publishers require payment of a handling or submissions fee from authors; find information about these fees on their websites. These publications are not related to Depression and Anxiety, the official ADAA journal.