The Selective Mutism Special Interest Group provides a forum for networking, support, education and collaboration for and by clinicians, researchers, and graduate students interested in Selective Mutism.
The goals of the Selective Mutism SIG include:
- Providing a supportive forum for open discussion about the understanding and treatment of Selective Mutism in affected children, teens and adults
- Dissemination of research on Selective Mutism
- Providing information for education and training in Selective Mutism
- Encouraging collaboration among researchers and clinicians
- Encouraging presentations at the ADAA Conference on Selective Mutism, such as workshops, roundtables and poster presentations, to increase the understanding and overall awareness of Selective Mutism
- Creating opportunities for members to network and connect with likeminded colleagues who share a mutual interest in understanding and treating Selective Mutism.
- Elisa Shipon-Blum, DO
- Aimee Kotrba, PhD
If you're interested in joining, please contact Helen Heymann, Senior Education Program Manager, for more information.
The Selective Mutism SIG is planning to discuss next steps for the SIG at the upcoming Annual Conference. We hope to see you there.