Interested in Becoming a 2021 Alies Muskin Career Leadership Program (CDLP) Mentor?
The ADAA Mentorship Program establishes dynamic, reciprocal relationships between an advanced career incumbent and an early career professional aimed at promoting the development of both. ADAA has a longstanding tradition of providing CDLP award winners with a senior mentor from ADAA membership.
Mentors play a key and invaluable part of the CDLP program's success. Mentoring takes place at the ADAA annual conference and involves a whole day commitment. Most of the focused mentoring time occurs on the first day of the conference when mentors meet with their mentees for a formal program. Mentors and mentees will also meet more informally throughout the four day meeting and beyond.
The 2021 CDLP Program will take place Thursday, March 18, 2020 from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM in Boston, MA.
2021 Mentors are responsible for:
- Registering for the 2021 Conference and paying all associated fees
- Contacting their mentee before the conference to congratulate and welcome them to ADAA, to the program and to offer mentorship
- Asking the mentee if there is anyone they would like to meet at the conference and set up a meeting for them
- Setting up a time separate from the CDLP experience (coffee break) to meet with the mentee at the conference, if the mentee so desires.
- Contacting the mentee after the conference to ask about their experience and answer any questions
- Guiding the mentee in how to become involved in ADAA: help them sign up for a SIG or committee; encourage them to present a poster and/or workshop for next year, offer to hold a professional webinar with them; offer to present at next year's ADAA conference with them, etc.
A mentor's expertise and broad experience are invaluable to an early career professional and make a lasting difference. Mentors help early career professionals bolster their career, avoid obstacles and make smart career decisions. It is also a fun and rewarding experience.
Have a question about the CDLP program or CDLP mentorship? Please contact Lise Bram.