The mission of the Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Award Program (CDLP) is to inspire the next generation of ADAA's leaders. The program is designed to encourage early career clinicians and researchers to engage in creative discourse about anxiety, depression and co-occurring disorders in a diverse, multidisciplinary community.
The CDLP is a competitive program that provides for an intensive mentoring and professional development opportunity offered at ADAA's Annual Conference.
The upcoming 2020 CDLP Program will take place on Thursday, March 19th, 2020 in San Antonio, TX from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Applications for the CDLP award will open in the 3rd week of May.
Benefit from episodic mentoring, cross-fertilization of disciplines, networking, and the enhancement of skills to become more professionally competitive.
CDLP awardees are grouped into:
- Basic Neuroscience/Clinical Research
2020 CDLP Committee Co-Chairs
- Paul Holtzheimer, MD - Board Liaison
- Tanja Jovanovic, PhD - Research Track Co-Chair*
- Alicia E. Meuret, PhD - Research Track Chair
- Jill Emanuele, PhD - Practice Track Chair
- 2020 CDLP Full Committee
Dr. Tanja Jovanovic will be the 2020 Research Track CDLP Co-Chair and the 2021 Research Track Chair.
- Complimentary registration to the Anxiety and Depression Conference 2020 (a $600 value)
- A full day of small-group mentoring sessions
- Assignment of a senior mentor from the ADAA professional membership at the conference
- Recognition at the conference Opening Session
- Basic Neuroscience and Clinical Research Tracks: Presentation of a poster at one of the New Research Poster sessions at the conference is mandatory.
- Practice Track: Case consultation session with a senior clinician from the ADAA membership
- Featured profile on the ADAA website
- ABCT 2020 Conference - two complimentary registrations for two research track CDLP awardees, acknowledgement at their awards ceremony and presentation of work at the 2020 welcoming cocktail party/SIG expo at the Anxiety Disorders SIG table. This opportunity does not provide any additional funding.
- ACNP 2020 Conference: The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) 2020 annual meeting will be held (December 6-9, 2020 – JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona). Each year, the College supports a number of CDLP awardees by providing waived annual meeting registration, a ACNP member mentor, the opportunity to present a poster, and the opportunity to attend scientific sessions, opening reception, travel award reception and travel award luncheon. This opportunity does not provide any additional funding. More information will be provided to all CDLP awardees. The ACNP annual meeting offers a great opportunity to attend an outstanding scientific program in clinical and basic research on brain-behavior-drug interactions; become aware of the most recent, and often unpublished, advances in psychopharmacology; and meet and interact with internationally distinguished researchers and scientists.
- Please note that the CDLP program does not provide a travel allowance.
- ADAA membership (applicants must be an ADAA member in order to apply)
- Become an active leader within ADAA, including but not limited to joining a Special Interest Group, starting a Special Interest Group, developing a professional/public webinar, writing a professional/public blog, or serving on a Committee
- Graduate degree students (MD, MPH, MS/MSW, NP, PhD, PsyD), interns, residents, or postdoctoral fellows OR early career researchers and clinicians who have completed their training within the last five years. The program welcomes applications from:
- Masters in Counseling, Masters in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists, Trainees/Graduates in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychologists, School Psychologists, Neuropsychologists
- ADAA strongly encourages interdisciplinary and multicultural applicants.
- Participants are required to attend all scheduled program events and attend the conference
Please note: Should a CDLP awardee not be able to attend the Conference in the year of their selection, they can defer their attendance to the following year (with the approval of the CDLP Committee) without the need to reapply. The deferral is available for one year only.
Questions? Email Kesha Patel