Finding Help is the Key to
Taking Charge and Moving Forward
In this section, you’ll find a guide to the treatment of anxiety, depression, OCD, and PTSD; resources for support; and tips for helping friends and relatives.
Learn about the many treatment options for anxiety disorders, depression, and related disorders, including how to choose a therapist, under Treatment.
- Reach out to others experiencing anxiety in Getting Support, where you’ll find message boards and support group listings.
- Here for someone else? Under Helping Others, learn what you can do to help friends and family who are struggling with anxiety, depression, and related disorders.
- Learn how to apply for Social Security Disability benefits if you have an anxiety disorder, depression, or other disorders.
- Find a list of self-help publications about anxiety, depression, and related disorders for children and adults, written by ADAA members who are leading experts.
- What is Anxiety? (from ADAA's partner organization Anxiety.org) is an in-depth analysis and explanation of key anxiety disorders written by ADAA member experts.
Find Information and Support
Help Yourself or a Loved One