ADAA is an established and fast-growing non-profit international membership association dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety and depression-related disorders through education, practice, and research. ADAA’s unique interlinked consumer and professional mission focuses on improving quality of life for those with these disorders.
ADAA’s corporate office is located in Silver Spring, MD. We are a growing organization and strive to be an employer of choice. As such, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, a collaborative team environment, and opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Communications and Digital Content Strategist
Job Posting: April 19, 2021
Application Deadline: May 19, 2021
Do you have a passion for developing digital marketing and communications strategy and implementation? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to join a small, dynamic, and growing mission-driven organization that makes a difference in the U.S. mental health care landscape?
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) seeks a creative and entrepreneurial Communications and Digital Content Strategist who has a minimum of 5 years of communications/marketing experience (with an emphasis on digital marketing). This is a new position for ADAA.
The position will focus on building brand awareness, growing ADAA’s reach through traditional and social media engagement, and developing and implementing an organizational communications plan. The position will be responsible for writing e-newsletter, social media and donor communications as well as website content and management. The ideal candidate will collaborate with a senior peer group on membership, education, conference planning, and strategic initiatives. The position will provide vital input on strategic and operational planning and positioning for the organization.
The position reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director and works collaboratively with ADAA’s Executive Director, Membership and Education Associate Director, and ADAA’s Membership and Education Manager. The position will also interact with outside conference planners, who are an integral member of the team.
- Enhance the company's current communications/marketing/digital content strategy to align with ADAA’s current 5- year strategic plan.
- Develop and implement meaningful cross-channel (i.e., between our public and professional communities) communications/marketing campaigns to highlight ADAA’s mission, impact, and partnerships.
- Provide strategic support in the planning, creation and implementation of content across ADAA’s digital channels (i.e., websites, social media, developing a podcast program, video, email communications). The incumbent will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of ADAA’s overall digital content strategy and brand voice across ADAA’s digital channels and provide guidance and training to staff in the development of their digital content.
- Recommend strategies to leverage program, event, and website content into extended learning opportunities for new and existing audiences.
- Build and extend the organization’s visibility and mission through cohesive promotion and branding efforts. Lead cross-functional organizational efforts to maximize promotion opportunities.
- Oversee day-to-day promotion efforts for ADAA events (conference, webinars, etc.) including collateral e-marketing materials (emails and e-newsletters), web-based promotion initiatives, fundraising, and advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Executive Director on ADAA’s new initiative to create a new Friends of ADAA annual giving strategic plan and develop accompanying communications/digital strategy.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Executive Director to develop and manage an annual marketing plan and communications calendar that aligns with ADAA’s project/events and each year’s key initiatives.
- Lead, innovate, and develop the marketing efforts around the annual conference and ADAA’s professional and consumer focused webinar schedules with the goal to increase attendance/registration for all ADAA events.
- Interview internal (members) and external (community partners) resources to write blog posts, host podcasts, write articles, whitepapers, and consumer stories for ADAA’s social media channels.
- Utilize metrics to evaluate systems and suggest enhancements where necessary to optimize ROI.
- Manage public facing monthly Triumph e-newsletter and create a plan for additional focused e-newsletters (i.e., women’s focused e-newsletter, etc.).
- Manage ADAA’s website, including providing and updating content (together with the Manager of Membership and Education).
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Required Skills
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably at a membership association, higher education institution, or nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e., marketing, communications, digital communications, business, or related field).
- Experience with both developing and implementing digital communication, marketing/fundraising departments/initiatives is essential.
- Comfort level in employing the latest marketing tools to conduct day-to-day marketing activities, as well as developing long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs.
- Facility with the latest technologies and best practices in managing digital content, ability to identify potential areas of improvement, and recommend implementation strategies.
- Strong project and budget management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and stakeholder relationships effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to create new pilots/initiatives and analyze results.
- Excellent writing skills, including experience editing, writing press releases, e-newsletters, speeches, social media posts, blogs, website content, and conducting podcast interviews.
- Experience in Drupal or other website content management system; Informz or other email marketing platform; familiarity with Zoom, facility with all social media platforms and scheduling platforms, and strong desktop design software skills (InDesign, Photoshop/Adobe Acrobat).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ideal candidate will have a professional/educational background in mental health or a strong interest in this field.
- Ideal candidate will also be involved in professional marketing organizations.
- Association and non-profit experience strongly preferred.
Four days a week* with travel to annual conferences (2022–Denver, CO, and 2023–Washington, DC) and events around the DC metro area.
*Note: The position is Silver Spring, MD based and currently a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, there is an option to work from our HQ office in downtown Silver Spring on a voluntary basis. After ADAA’s offices fully re-open (early September 2021), all staff living in the DC metro area will be expected to return to the office on a full-time basis, with the opportunity to telework for two days a week.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lise Bram, ADAA Deputy Executive Director: [email protected] by May 19, 2021. ADAA seeks a candidate who will be available to start employment on or around July 15, 2021. Applications that do not include a cover letter, salary requirements and one or two writing/communication/fundraising portfolio samples will not be considered.
ADAA does not pay relocation costs.
Diversity and inclusiveness have been and continues to be a core value of the Anxiety and Depression of Association of America (ADAA). ADAA condemns all forms of racism and promotes equal rights for all. Our commitment to be a culturally diverse membership organization is founded on the principle and practice of prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression. ADAA recognizes, supports, and values the inclusion of diverse groups and views in all parts of the association. ADAA recognizes the strength and improved decisions that results from participation in association programs, leadership, committees/taskforces, and staff of diverse individuals from a wide range of organizations. As such, ADAA embraces diversity and inclusiveness as a core value.
ADAA is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education, practice, and research. ADAA focuses on improving quality of life for those with anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education about the disorders. ADAA helps people find treatment, resources, and support. More than 11 million people visit ADAA's website each year - from across the globe. ADAA promotes scientific innovation and engages a diverse network of basic and clinical anxiety and depression researchers and providers encouraging the implementation of evidence-based treatment. These commitments drive ADAA’s promise to find new treatments and one day prevent and cure these disorders. www.adaa.org