Though you may feel isolated by your anxiety or anxiety-related disorder, you are not alone. Forty million adults in the United States have an anxiety disorder, and support is an important part of recovery.
*Please note: Listed groups are not updated on a regular basis. Please confirm all group information with the listed contact and/or on the listed website in advance of attendance.
Any listing does not constitute an endorsement by ADAA of the support group, individual group leader, or affiliated institution or organization. ADAA does not endorse the use of a support group as a substitute for proper diagnosis and treatment. Please check with your health care provider about the benefits of joining a support group as part of an overall treatment regimen.
Additional National Support Group Databases:
- Mental Health America (a comprehensive listing of national support groups and website resources)
- Support Group Central
Community Support Organizations:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Association of Retired Persons Grief and Loss Information
- American Association of Suicidology: Support for family/friends that have lost a loved one to suicide
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Autism Society of America
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
- Brain Injury Association of America
- Caregiver Action Network
- The Compassionate Friends Grief Support: After the death of a child (Use this link to find groups in your area)
- Crisis Text Line
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Dual Diagnosis of Oregon, Inc.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous
- Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Hospice Foundation of America
- IOCDF (International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation)
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- Narcotics Anonymous
- NAMI -The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Eating Disorders Association
- [email protected]
- Overeaters Anonymous
- PFLAG - Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Recovery International
- Postpartum Support International
- S-Anon International Family Groups
- Self Mutilators Anonymous
- Sex Addicts Anonymous
- Sidran Institute
- Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
- TARA Association for Personality Disorder
- The TLC Foundation for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Well Spouse Association
- Witness Justice
*Please DO NOT call ADAA's office with support group inquiries. Calls are not answered on a daily basis as ADAA is not a direct service organization.