Panic Disorder Helpful Resources
- Blog Post - Helping Your Anxious Teen Cope with a Panic Attack by Sheila Achar Josephs, PhD
- Blog Post - Panic Attack or Heart Attack? by Reid Wilson, PhD, and Mark Pollack, MD
- Webinar - Managing Coronavirus Anxiety Part 3 - Expert Tips and Strategies - by Ken Goodman, LCSW, Debra Kissen, PhD, MHSA, David H. Rosmarin, PhD, ABPP
- Webinar - Ataques de pánico/Panic Attacks
- Webinar - Coping With Panic Attacks by Jenny Yip, PsyD, ABPP
- ADAA members Stefan Hoffmann, PhD, Aleena Hay, PhD and their Boston University colleague Abigail Barthal, BA discusses panic attacks and panic disorder: symptoms, treatment, causes, and coping strategies in this in-depth Anxiety.org article.
- Screen yourself or a family member for panic disorder.
- Download a brochure.
Facing Panic: Self Help for People with Panic Attacks. Learn seven self-help steps to break the cycle of panic and regain control of your life. This book includes techniques and exercises to manage and overcome panic attacks and panic disorder. The disorder often occurs with other mental and physical disorders, including other anxiety disorders, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, or substance abuse. This may complicate of getting a correct diagnosis.
Download the charts found in this book to help you practice and track the skills you learn to overcome your panic.
Chart 1: Practicing the Calming Skills
Chart 2: Practice Creating Symptoms
Chart 3: Practice Creating Symptoms
Chart 4: Listing & Ranking My Feared Situations
Chart 5: Details of My Feared Situations
Chart 6: Preparing to Practice
Chart 7: Learning from Practice
- What causes panic attacks, and how can you prevent them?, TED-Ed, Cindy J. Aaronson, MSW, PhD
- Panic Disorder Stories on The Mighty
- Learn more about the differences between panic attacks and disorders at BetterHelp.com.