As with many other physicians, recommending physical activity to patients was just a doctor…
The following public statements were written by members of ADAA's Scientific Council to address a variety of current events and mental health issues.
In addition, ADAA's Board of Directors releases a number of statements each year. These are listed here as well.
If you would like additional information, have any questions, are with the media, or would like to speak with a member of ADAA's Scientific Council or ADAA's Board of Directors, please contact Lise Bram, ADAA's Executive Deputy Director.
ADAA Public Statements
- ADAA Stands Against Racism, June 4, 2020
- FDA Approves Fast-Acting Esketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression: Clinicians and Researchers are Cautiously Optimistic, March 6, 2019
- If Elephants Could Talk…, March 4, 2019
- Tragic Losses of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain It’s Time to Give Voice to Suicide – And Act - June 8, 2018
- PTSD, Panic, and Sexual Assault, September 26, 2018
ADAA Scientific Council Statements
- Holiday Anxiety, Frank Schneier, MD
- Ketamine, Andrew Goddard, MD
- Returning Veterans and Veteran Health, Barbara O. Rothbaum, PhD, ABPP and Andrew M. Sherrill, PhD
- Scientific and Non-Scientific Psychological Treatments, Richard Heimberg, PhD
- Sexual Victimization and Trauma, Barbara O. Rothbaum, PhD, ABPP and Carly Yasinski, PhD
- Suicide, Brandon Gibb, PhD
- Terrorism, Mark Powers, PhD
- Transportation, Jolene Jacquart, MA and Jasper Smits, PhD