Additional Registration Information
Conference Registration Categories
- Professionals are researchers and licensed clinicians in the fields of psychiatry, psychology, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, nursing, and other related fields.
- Trainees/Postdoctoral Fellows/Residents do not yet have a license to practice but hold an academic research position or are in clinical training. Please provide a letter from your institution or advisor to confirm current position or status.
- Students must be enrolled full time as an undergraduate or in a degree-granting program at the level of Master’s, PhD, PsyD, or MD. Please provide a letter from your institution or advisor to confirm current position or status.
- Research Assistants must work full-time. Please provide a letter from your institution or advisor to confirm current position or status.
- Colleagues are those who work in mental health or other health fields as administrators and support staff; educators, employees of nonprofit organizations, or non-psychiatric primary care physicians. Clinicians and other mental health providers, professors, and researchers are not eligible for this registration category. Email membership to see if you qualify for this registration rate and to receive the registration form.
- Guests are restricted to the opening session,Poster Sessions, and 40th Anniversary Reception only. Please have your guest pick up a badge at the registration for entrance into these events.
Payment in full is required at time of registration. ADAA accepts VISA or MasterCard and checks or money orders in U.S. dollars ($30 charge for checks returned for insufficient funds). ADAA does not accept purchase orders or Discover.
Cancellation and Refunds
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing by March 4, 2020; cancellations by telephone will not be accepted. A $80 administrative fee will be charged for all refunds. Refunds will be issued after the conference ends. Contact us.
- Cancellations will not be accepted after March 4, 2020, for any reason, including medical and travel complications. ADAA offers event insurance through Allianz. You will have the option to purchase insurance when you register. Learn more about Allianz insurance here.
ADAA strives to provide an environment in which our diverse members may learn, network, and share information freely with their colleagues. As such, ADAA is committed to providing a safe and harassment-free conference experience for all participants (presenters, attendees, exhibitors, guests, and staff) regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, language, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or disability. In further support of this commitment, ADAA will not tolerate harassment of any conference participant in any form.
All participants are expected to abide by ADAA’s anti-harassment policy. Any participant found to be in violation of the policy or otherwise disruptive to the event may be sanctioned or expelled from the current or future events at the discretion of ADAA staff. If you are being harassed, notice that someone is being harassed, or have other concerns, contact ADAA’s Executive Director Susan Gurley immediately. All reports will remain confidential.
American Disabilities Act
ADAA fully complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). You will be asked to list any special requirements/accommodations when you register online or via the downloaded registration form.
Confirmation and Badges
Registrants will receive a registration confirmation by email. All badges and printed materials will be picked up at the registration desk upon arrival. Please check for email updates and important announcements or check the ADAA Conference App.
Registration fees, lodging, transportation, and meals may be tax deductible as educational expenses when attending continuing education sessions. Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of these expenses.