WTF! (Working Through Fear!) is an adult (21 and over) Anxiety Support Group. Our group will include peer-to-peer discussion and interaction. Meetings will be held weekly. Participants will be encouraged to share concerns, successes, and coping strategies. You are not alone. Experiencing anxiety can make you feel like you’re isolated in your fears, but interacting with others who know what it is like can help to make you feel less alone. Anxiety disorders affect about 18% of the adult population. More than 75% of doctor visits are related to stress. Many are filled with fearfulness and uncertainty.
Whereas not meant to replace traditional therapy, our support group can be an addition to professional therapy. Our goal is to enable learning from others with anxiety as we give and receive support. Our group offers a way to make those connections. We are a support group for those coping with the fear and stress associated with various anxiety disorders.
No equine experience is required!
What we are:
- New Beginnings is a self-help group, with a laid-back atmosphere and friendly faces.
- We are an activity-based support group that will focus on the benefits of mindful awareness in a safe and comfortable barn environment.
- Meeting activities will include interacting with our barn animals, walks on the forest preserve trails (weather permitting), chair yoga, artwork, and socialization.
- The atmosphere is one of confidentiality and mutual respect towards each other as we share our experience and accomplishments.
What we are not:
- WTF is not intended to replace traditional therapy or medical advice.
- WTF is not to be considered an intervention program.
Fees: Six-Week Session is $120 (Must commit to full session)
Time: Classes will meet on Sunday afternoons from 2:15-3:15
Session One: May 20th, May 27th, June 3rd, June 10th, June 17th, and June 24th (Further classes will follow every other Sunday)
Attire: Comfortable clothing; closed-toe shoes