The Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Award Program (CDLP) is an intensive mentoring and professional development opportunity for early career clinicians and researchers that is offered at ADAA's Annual Conference. This year’s 2019 CDLP Program will take place at on Thursday, March 28th, 2019 from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
This interactive learning experience challenges thinking and encourages creative discourse about anxiety, depression and co-occurring disorders in a diverse, multidisciplinary community of professionals involved in practice and research.
This program is a wonderful opportunity to benefit from episodic mentoring and to develop skills to become more professionally competitive. The CDLP's focus is to offer an environment where ADAA's next generation of leaders can flourish.
CDLP awardees are grouped among two tracks:
- Basic Neuroscience/Clinical Research
The awards application deadline is October 1st, 2018.
- Complimentary registration to the Anxiety and Depression Conference 2019
- A full day of small-group mentoring sessions
- Assignment of a senior mentor from the ADAA professional membership at the conference
- Recognition at the conference Opening Session
- Basic Neuroscience and Clinical Research Tracks: Presentation of a poster at one of the New Research Poster sessions at the conference is mandatory.
- Practice Track: Case consultation session with a senior clinician from the ADAA membership
- Featured profile on the ADAA website
- Please note that this program does not provide travel allowance
- ADAA membership (applicants must be an ADAA member in order to apply)
- Become an active leader within ADAA, including but not limited to joining a Special Interest Group, starting a Special Interest Group, developing a professional/public webinar, writing a professional/public blog, or serving on a Committee
- Graduate degree students (MD, MPH, MS/MSW, NP, PhD, PsyD), interns, residents, or postdoctoral fellows OR early career researchers and clinicians who have completed their training within the last five years. The program welcomes applications from:
- Masters in Counseling, Masters in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists, Trainees/Graduates in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychologists, School Psychologists, Neuropsychologists
- ADAA strongly encourages interdisciplinary and multicultural applicants.
- Participants are required to attend all scheduled program events and attend the conference
Please note: Should a CDLP awardee not be able to attend the Conference in the year of their selection, they can defer their attendance to the following year (with the approval of the CDLP Committee) without the need to reapply. The deferral is available for one year only.
Questions? Email Gabriella Oved.
Once selected, more information about the CDLP program and mentorship opportunities will be provided through the online member community. Award winners are encouraged to check the online member community frequently to ensure that they do not miss important information.
2019 CDLP Committee Co-Chairs
- Paul Holtzheimer, MD - Board Liaison and Research Track Chair
- Alicia E. Meuret, PhD - Research Track Co-Chair
- Kimberly J. Morrow, LCSW - Practice Track Chair
- Rebecca Sachs, PhD- Practice Track Co-Chair
- 2019 CDLP Full Committee
- 2018 CDLP Awardees
- 2018 CDLP Mentors
- Past CDLP Awardees