As with many other physicians, recommending physical activity to patients was just a doctor…
This webinar will present a review of evidence of early diagnosis and treatment of childhood disorders. A review of instruments for diagnosis as well as empirically-based treatments for early age presentation of symptoms will be offered. The need to educate the public in general and other health care providers of the advantages of diagnosing and treating children early in life to help prevent more severe and impairing conditions from developing will be discussed.
- To describe early signs of ADHD and of other mental health disorders in young children
- Present tools for early screening and assessment of ADHD in young children, including comorbid disorders
- Present empirically-based treatment protocols to treat young children with mental health disorders, such as anxiety, selective mutism, ADHD, oppositional defiance disorder, and mood disorders.
- Discuss the importance of early screening, diagnosis, and empirically-based treatment for young children with ADHD and comorbid disorders
- Implications of later diagnosis and treatment will be discussed, such as the higher likelihood of more severity, chronicity, and the higher presence of comorbidity when children are diagnosed and treated later in life for mental health disorders