Free webinar. Applying to graduate school can be both an exciting an overwhelming experience. It can be difficult to decide when it is the right time to apply, which type of program is the best fit for your personal goals, and how to identify and communicate with potential advisors, amongst other challenges. In this webinar, a current graduate student and a VA research psychologist will provide guidance by discussing the “dos and don’ts” of applying to graduate school as well as sharing their experiences with the process.
The speakers will discuss the application process and provide resources to help applicants:
- Determine whether now is the right time to apply to graduate school;
- Understand what factors to consider when deciding on which type of graduate program to choose;
- Develop a timeline for applying to graduate school;
- Search for and communicate with potential research advisors;
- Outline and draft their personal statement; and
- Prepare for the interview process.