ADAA is an established and fast-growing non-profit international membership association dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety and depression-related disorders through education, practice, and research. ADAA’s unique interlinked consumer and professional mission focuses on improving quality of life for those with these disorders.
ADAA’s corporate office is located in Silver Spring, MD. We are a growing organization and strive to be an employer of choice. As such, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, a collaborative team environment and opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Current Openings - as of June 1, 2020
Education and Membership Manager
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) seeks a creative, flexible, and hands-on full-time Education and Membership Manager. This position is cross-functional and is ideal for someone who wants to contribute broadly on a variety of education, membership, and marketing programs and initiatives. Download a PDF of the job description here.
The position will be integral to assisting ADAA in navigating and implementing today’s virtual professional and public education programs for our membership and public communities. The ideal candidate must have hands-on experience using a variety of technological platforms and possess the research skills to consistently monitor trends to ensure that ADAA is utilizing the most current and engaging platforms. In addition, the ideal candidate must have experience managing daily membership responsibilities and possess marketing skills to promote both educational programming and membership outreach. Familiarity with the mental health field is a plus. The position reports to the Executive Director for all education programming responsibilities and to the Associate Director of Membership and Marketing for all membership and agency-wide marketing functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with all aspects of ADAA’s innovative and compelling live and on-demand educational programs. This includes speaker management, developing new ways to engage attendees, help preparing speakers, logistics, certification procedures, and advertising/marketing.
- Help develop ideas to improve both attendee engagement and experience.
- Liaise with ADAA’s volunteer professional education and public education committees and larger membership to help develop enhanced content (blogs, infographics, videos, and webinars) for both the professional and public communities.
- Work with Associate Director of Marketing and Membership to streamline administrative tasks, launch retention and new membership campaigns, and engage with members.
- Responsible for all administrative components of membership including application processing, activation, dues billing, application of payments, data management, query development, reporting, and member assistance.
- Assist ADAA’s outside meeting planners and ADAA staff with all annual conference needs - whether the conference is in-person, virtual, or using a hybrid model.
- Manage/update website content (both for members and the public) and help with e-newsletters (using Informz), social media content, and special campaigns.
- Assist with special projects and any/all other administrative duties as assigned.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail and deadline oriented, able to multitask, and need limited supervision. The ideal candidate must understand how to manage volunteers, have strong technology skills and experience with CMS platforms. Candidate must possess:
- College degree with three+ years of professional experience in the non-profit and/or association communities
- Expertise working with webinar platforms (i.e. Go to Training, Zoom –ADAA is open to exploring other e-learning platforms as well)
- Experience creating presentations and data reports
- Demonstrated facility with technology is an essential requirement for the position; experience with website content management systems; experience with Higher Logic (Informz) or other email marketing platforms; Your Membership (or similar AMS platforms), CadmiumCD (event management platform)
- Video-editing experience
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Photoshop and/or other desktop publishing skills)
- Excellent editing, writing and Office Suite skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills)
Job Type and Salary:
ADAA’s staff is small and all prospective candidates should feel comfortable working with a small group of peers. The position is full-time in ADAA’s Silver Spring office; travel is limited to 5 days for the organization’s annual conference. ADAA staff work from home on Fridays (except the two to three months prior to ADAA’s annual conference.)
Generous benefits package includes 17 paid holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s and 2 days off after the annual conference), paid vacation time (11 days per annum) and generous sick leave, medical/dental benefits (ADAA covers 85% of this cost), a Simple IRA with a 3% company match, a healthy work-life balance, and a collaborative team environment. ADAA does not cover relocation expenses.
The salary for this position is $50,000 per year.
Silver Spring, Maryland (walking distance to Silver Spring metro).
Please send a cover letter that addresses the required background, an up-to-date resume, and a writing sample (i.e. blog post, article, press release) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20. The position starts in mid-late July.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity and inclusiveness has been and continues to be a core value of ADAA. Our commitment to be a culturally diverse membership organization is founded on the principle and practice of prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression. To this end, ADAA is committed to providing an environment at all levels in which our diverse members can learn, network, and share information freely with their colleagues.