The following public statements were written by members of ADAA's Scientific Council to address a variety of current events and mental health issues.
In addition, ADAA's Board of Directors releases a number of statements each year. These are listed here as well.
If you would like additional information, have any questions, are with the media, or would like to speak with a member of ADAA's Scientific Council or ADAA's Board of Directors, please contact Lise Bram, ADAA's Executive Deputy Director.
ADAA Public Statements
PTSD, Panic, and Sexual Assault, September 26, 2018
ADAA Scientific Council Statements
- Holiday Anxiety, Frank Schneier, MD
- Ketamine, Andrew Goddard, MD
- Returning Veterans and Veteran Health, Barbara O. Rothbaum, PhD, ABPP and Andrew M. Sherrill, PhD
- Scientific and Non-Scientific Psychological Treatments, Richard Heimberg, PhD
- Sexual Victimization and Trauma, Barbara O. Rothbaum, PhD, ABPP and Carly Yasinski, PhD
- Suicide, Brandon Gibb, PhD
- Terrorism, Mark Powers, PhD
- Transportation, Jolene Jacquart, MA and Jasper Smits, PhD