- Why Should I Give to ADAA?
- Donate Online, via Mail or by Phone
- Non-Cash Donation Options
- Individual Fundraising: How to Raise Money
- Shop Online
- CFC Workplace Giving Campaigns
- eBay Giving Works
- Planned Giving
- 2016 Impact Report
When you give, people receive opportunities to succeed and transform their lives — the purest form of empowerment.
With your support, we can accomplish these goals:
- Empower people to get treatment and enable them to live their full potential.
- Continue to provide access to care and free educational resources and webinars to more than 20 million people every year.
- Bridge the divide between mental illness and wellness.
You can also make a donation in honor or in memory of loved one (both online or via mail).
You can donate more than just cash. Donating cash is always easy, whether by check, bank wire or Electronic Funds Transfer. And when you donate cash, you can generally deduct up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. But cash isn't the only thing you can use to support ADAA. You can also donate a variety of other assets, including:
- Mutual fund shares
- Publicly traded stocks,including long-term appreciated securities
- Life insurance policies
- Publicly traded bonds
- Non-publicly traded assets,including private or restricted company stock and real estate
For more information about donation options, please contact Sarah Gerfen.
Clinicians: If your patients show their appreciation with holiday gifts to you, we'd like to make a suggestion. ADAA president Karen Cassiday, PhD, has posted this notice in her treatment center. Please feel free to print it out and post in your waiting rooms and offices.
We encourage you to visit our Take Action – Make a Difference page and be inspired by the many donor stories that make up the ADAA community. There are also tips for how you can create your own fundraising campaign or event to help support ADAA’s free resources for all those who struggle with anxiety and depression. Get inspired and join with us to make a difference.
You can make a difference by shopping online.
- Donate to our @Macys Charity Challenge fundraiser & earn a Macy's savings pass for up to 25% off. ADAA is excited to participate in the Macy’s Shop for a Cause Charity Challenge from now until August 9th. Shop For A Cause is a nationwide annual event to benefit local and national charities and aims to raise money for charitable nonprofits across the nation. Shop at Macy’s, support ADAA and receive a savings pass!
- The organization that raises the most for itself online via the Challenge wins $100,000.
- Second place gets $50,000
- Third gets $25,000
- Fourth gets $15,000
- Fifth gets $10,000
- Purchase your Because of a Case and help support ADAA! 10% of the sales from each of these fashionable phone cases purchased is donated to ADAA to support improving people's mental health, as well as other causes such as helping to save the elephants and sea turtles, clean water, anti-bullying, and more!
- Give the Gift of Stress Relief! Show your love for someone near and dear and also support ADAA with the ADAA Stress Relief Kit! The kit includes a backpack, stress ball, magic cube, lanyard, mood bracelet and other fidget toys! This is a great Valentine’s Day gift! $15.00 per kit + $4.00 shipping & handling. Purchase your kit today!
- Pura Vida brings awareness to anxiety disorders while employing local artisans. Every bracelet purchased through Pura Vida helps provide jobs in Costa Rica — and when you purchase a custom ADAA bracelet, we’ll receive a portion of your purchase. Please note: Pura Vida depletes its stock very quickly as these are one of a kind items produced by hand. If the site says the bracelets are sold out - you can add your email to their list to make sure you receive a bracelet as soon as the stock is resupplied.
The Shape of Bravery...and Awareness
Trying to be brave ... out of this process, Bravelets™ was born. Bravelets™ is a for-profit company, but with giving at their core. They believe in making a difference and they want you to feel good about your purchase. They want you to know that when you look at your wrist that $10 was donated to your cause. They want you to know that you helped make a difference.
$10 from each item purchased will be donated to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
Take a look at their bracelets, earrings, and charms, which feature a triangle in every item’s single design. Why a triangle? This the strongest geometric shape and Bravelets™ bracelets are help you be strong and brave in tough situations. Plain and simple, the triangle represents strength, just like Bravelets™. ADAA is very grateful for their bravery, strength, anxiety awareness...and generous donations.
- Amazon Smile, a simple and automatic way for you to support ADAA every time you shop — at no cost to you.
- iGive.com/ADAA Over $8,400,000 raised for great causes since 1997.Over 1,700 Online Stores - including all your favorites! Use the iGive Button, shop online as you normally would - no added steps.
Make ADAA your workplace charity of choice. Select ADAA to receive matching gifts from your employer, the United Way, Independent Charities of America, or the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC); ADAA charity code: 11220. Our tax ID number is 52-1248820.
ADAA is a 501(c)(3) and can accept contributions from family, corporate, and private foundations. Contact Sarah Gerfen, 240-485-1022.
Donate a Vehicle: V-Dac (Vehicle Donation to Any Charity) allows donors to make vehicle donations resulting in cash gifts to any non-profit they support. Convert an a car, truck, or RV into a tax-deductible donation to ADAA.
ADAA is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to ADAA are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. ADAA’s tax identification number is 52-1248820.
If you have any questions about donating online, please send us an e-mail or call us at 240-485-1001. To send your gift by U.S. Mail, please make your check payable to ADAA and mail it to ADAA, 8701 Georgia Ave., Suite 412, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Thank you!