April 2020 - Important Charitable Tax Information
The CARES Act encourages individuals to contribute to churches and charitable organizations in 2020 by relaxing some of the limitations on charitable contributions:
• Allowing a deduction of up to $300 of cash contributions, whether or not the taxpayer itemizes deductions
• Suspending the 50% limitation on individuals, increasing to 25% the 10% limitation on corporations, and increasing to 25% the 15% limitation on food inventory
- Donate Online or by Phone
- Non-Cash Donation Options
- Individual Fundraising: How to Raise Money
- Facebook Fundraisers
- CFC Workplace Giving Campaigns
- Planned Giving
- Shop Your Favorite Stores Online
- ADAA Online Store
When you give, people receive opportunities to succeed and transform their lives — the purest form of empowerment.
With your support, we can accomplish these goals:
- Empower people to get treatment and enable them to live their full potential.
- Continue to provide access to care and free educational resources and webinars to more than 38 million people every year.
- Bridge the divide between mental illness and wellness.
You can donate more than just cash. Donating cash is always easy, whether by check, bank wire or Electronic Funds Transfer. And when you donate cash, you can generally deduct up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. But cash isn't the only thing you can use to support ADAA. You can also donate a variety of other assets, including:
- Mutual fund shares
- Publicly traded stocks,including long-term appreciated securities
- Life insurance policies
- Publicly traded bonds
- Non-publicly traded assets,including private or restricted company stock and real estate
For more information about donation options, please email email@example.com
We encourage you to visit our Take Action – Raising Awareness page and be inspired by the many donor stories that make up the ADAA community. There are also tips for how you can create your own fundraising campaign or event to help support ADAA’s free resources for all those who struggle with anxiety and depression. Get inspired and join with us to make a difference.
Did you know that you can start your own personal fundraiser on Facebook? You and your Facebook friends can support causes that are important to you (like ADAA!) by raising funds and awareness without leaving Facebook!
Start your own Facebook fundraiser here today.
Calling all gamers and live streamers! You can reach new audiences and help raise awareness about ADAA's mission by creating a fundraising stream (or encouraging you friends to create a campaign or donate) on Tiltify.com that benefits ADAA's mission.
Make ADAA your workplace charity of choice. Select ADAA to receive matching gifts from your employer, the United Way, America's Best Charities, or the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC); ADAA charity code: 11220.
ADAA's tax ID number is 52-1248820.
ADAA is a 501(c)(3) and can accept contributions from family, corporate, and private foundations. Contact Susan Gurley, ADAA Executive Director, for more information.
ADAA is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to ADAA are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. ADAA’s tax identification number is 52-1248820.
If you have any questions about donating online, please send us an e-mail or call 240-485-1016. To send your gift by U.S. Mail, please make your check payable to ADAA and mail it to ADAA, 8701 Georgia Avenue, Suite 412, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Thank you!