Below are a listing of recent research and clinically focused ADAA member publications/programs. ADAA also lists consumer-focused ADAA member publications. If you are an ADAA member and are interested in sharing your publication on ADAA's website, please contact Lise Bram.
Please email us with any media and/or advertising inquiries.
ADAA Member Publications (available through online sites)
- Exercise anxiety: A qualitative analysis of the barriers, facilitators, and psychological processes underlying exercise participation for people with anxiety-related disorders, November 2018, ScienceDirect, by Julia E. Mason, Y.Nichole Faller, Daniel M. LeBouthillier, Gordon J.G. Asmundson
- DNA methylation levels are associated with CRF1 receptor antagonist treatment outcome in women with post-traumatic stress disorder, November 2018, Clinical Epigenetics, by Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, PhD
- The Role of Oxytocin in Early Life Adversity and Later Psychopathology: a Review of Preclinical and Clinical Studies, October 2018, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, co-authored by Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, PhD
- Discomfort Intolerance in Relation to Asthma Outcomes, September 2018, Cognitive Therapy and Research, co-authored by Alison C. McLeish, PhD.
- Anxiety Sensitivity as a Predictor of Epilepsy-Related Quality of Life and Illness Severity Among Adult Epilepsy, August 2018, Cognitive Therapy and Research, co-authored by Alison C. McLeish, PhD.
- A meta-analytic review of cognitive processing therapy for adults with posttraumatic stress disorder, July 2018, ScienceDirect, by Gordon J. G. Asmundson, Audur S. Thorisdottir, Jacob W. Roden-Foreman, Scarlett O. Baird, Sara M. Witcraft, Aliza T. Stein, Jasper A. J. Smits & Mark B Powers
- Innovations in the psychosocial treatment of youth with anxiety disorders: implications for a stepped care approach, July 2018, Evidence-Based Mental Health, by Thomas H Ollendick, Lars-Göran Öst, and Lara J Farrell
- Emotion Regulation Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder With and Without Co-occurring Depression, March, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (Mennin, D.S., et al., Vol. 86, No. 3), Douglas Mennin, PhD
- The Search for Treatments for Depressed Veterans - Of Paramount Importance, Yet Still Elusive, June 2018, JAMA Psychiatry, by Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, PhD
- Are anxiety disorders publications continuing on a trajectory of growth? A look at Boschen’s (2008) predictions and beyond, May 2018, Gordon J.G. Asmundson and Aleiia J.N. Asmundson
- Social Courage: Coping and Thriving with the Reality of Social Anxiety, 2018, Exisle Publishing, by Eric Goodman, PhD
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, 2018, Oxford University Press, edited by Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, PhD and Charles R. Marmar, MD
- Neuroscience at the Intersection of Mind and Brain 2018, Oxford University Press by Jack M. Gorman, MD
- Exposure Therapy for Treating Anxiety in Children and Adolescents: A Comprehensive Guide 2018, New Harbinger Publications, by Veronica L. Raggi, PhD and Jessica G. Samson, PsyD
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy for At-Risk Adolescents: A Practitioner's Guide to Treating Challenging Behavior Problems 2014, New Harbinger Publications, by Pat Harvey, LCSW-C MSW, and Britt H. Rathbone, LCSW-C, CGP, BCD
Online Courses by Reid Wilson
ADAA member Reid Wilson, PhD has created a new online course, Stop Worrying: Powerful New Tools for Anxiety Relief
On the landing page, you'll find these 4 FREE segments on anxiety and OCD that your clients might find helpful:
- "How Anxiety Uses Basic Human Nature Against You" (5 minutes)
- "Why You Should Step AWAY from Your Worries" (5 minutes)
- "Why You DON'T Need to Relax to Get Control" (6 minutes)
- "How to Transform Fear" (6 minutes)
Reid Wilson "Accelerated Treatment for Anxiety: Core Concepts" Video
1.5 CE credits available online from Psychotherapy.net (additional fee)
Reid Wilson, PhD, sums up the fundamentals of tackling the most common condition confronting psychotherapists. In this lively new video, combining a live presentation with an accompanying case demonstration, he illustrates the core concepts of his groundbreaking technique and paradoxical twist in exposure therapy. Dr. Wilson and Victor Yalom, PhD, of Psychotherapy.net, have made this offer exclusively to ADAA.
ADAA members also author excellent self-help books:
Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
Facing Panic: Self-Help for People with Panic Attacks
by R. Reid Wilson, PhD
Download the charts in this book to help you practice and track the skills you learn to overcome your panic.
Triumph Over Shyness: Conquering Social Anxiety Disorder
by Murray B. Stein, MD, MPH, and John R. Walker, PhD
Look inside: Read excerpts from this book