264 million people
An estimated 264 million people worldwide have an anxiety disorder.
*Source: Our World Data
Anxiety is one of the most common forms of mental illness. Anxiety can affect your health. If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, research suggests that you may run a higher risk of experiencing physical health problems, too. So when you manage your anxiety, you’re also taking care of your physical health.
Most people who seek treatment experience significant improvement and enjoy an improved quality of life. Find a Therapist.
Whether you have everyday stress, everyday anxiety or an anxiety disorder you can learn important strategies to help you manage and move forward.
Exercising, good nutrition, adequate sleep, and trying to reduce stress all contribute to your well-being.
Managing Specific Anxieties:
- Hurricane Season is Here: How to Reduce Your Anxiety
- Helping Children Survive the Emotional Aftermath of a Hurricane
- Stress and Anxiety and Sleep
- Severe Storms: How to Reduce Your Anxiety
Other Helpful Resources:
- Join a support group
- Join the ADAA online support group
- Find out about treatment options
- What is Anxiety? (from ADAA's partner organization Anxiety.org) is an in-depth analysis and explanation of key anxiety disorders written by ADAA member experts.
- Disability Benefits Help
- Recursos en Español
1. Our World Data. (2018). Mental Health.