- What causes panic attacks, and how can you prevent them?, TED-Ed, Cindy J. Aaronson, MSW, PhD
- Panic Disorder Stories on The Mighty
Webinars and Videos:
- Can Breathing Reduce Anxiety and Prevent a Panic Attack? - ADAA webinar, Ken Goodman, LCSW
- 4 Tips for Managing Your Panic - ADAA webinar, Shannon Weise, MSW, LCSW
- Panic Attacks: What Are the Symptoms And What Are Helpful Ways Of Addressing Them? - ADAA webinar, Featuring:
Dave Carbonell, PhD
- Managing Coronavirus Anxiety Part 3 - Expert Tips and Strategies - ADAA webinar, Ken Goodman, LCSW; Debra Kissen, PhD, MHSA; David Rosmarin, PhD, ABPP
- Outsmart Your Anxious Brain - ADAA webinar, Dave Carbonell, PhD
- Ataques de pánico/Panic Attacks - ADAA webinar, Natalie Arbid, MA
- Coping With Panic Attacks - ADAA webinar, Jenny Yip, PsyD, ABPP
- Coping with Panic Attacks - video with ADAA member Ken Goodman, LCSW
- Helping Your Anxious Teen Cope with a Panic Attack, Sheila Achar Josephs, PhD
- Panic Attack or Heart Attack?, Reid Wilson, PhD, and Mark H. Pollack, MD
- The Key to Overcoming Anxiety, Panic & Worry, Dave Carbonell, PhD
- ADAA members Stefan Hoffmann, PhD, Aleena Hay, PhD and their Boston University colleague Abigail Barthal, BA discuss panic attacks and panic disorder: symptoms, treatment, causes, and coping strategies in this in-depth Anxiety.org article.
Ally Stories & Stories of Triumph:
- Panic Attacks, Posture Apparel Brand, and ADAA
- My Panic Attack
- Conquering Panic Attacks and Reinventing Myself
- “Panic Attack!”
- Panic Relief Mobile App
- Screen yourself or a family member for panic disorder.
- Download an ADAA Panic Disorder brochure.
Facing Panic: Self Help for People with Panic Attacks. Learn seven self-help steps to break the cycle of panic and regain control of your life. This book includes techniques and exercises to manage and overcome panic attacks and panic disorder. The disorder often occurs with other mental and physical disorders, including other anxiety disorders, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, or substance abuse. This may complicate of getting a correct diagnosis.
Download the charts found in this book to help you practice and track the skills you learn to overcome your panic.
Chart 1: Practicing the Calming Skills
Chart 2: Practice Creating Symptoms
Chart 3: Practice Creating Symptoms
Chart 4: Listing & Ranking My Feared Situations
Chart 5: Details of My Feared Situations
Chart 6: Preparing to Practice
Chart 7: Learning from Practice